Little Man's Journey

Daily Journal of Life

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chile - Day 7

What a busy day we had today!

First we went to Centro artesanal de los dominicos in the foothills of the Andes. For those of you who have been to Old Town in San Diego, it was like that, except Chilean artwork and history. It was cool. The weather was great and we didn't need to lug around the big heavy jackets.

We walked around for a few hours and looked at some stuff. Watched some animals, listened to some music, and of course, ate food. I also played with some hand crafted toys and watched a few artists do their thing.

The best part of going there today was that we went with Mama's uncle Roberto and cousin Janet. I already know Toto, that's what I call him, and Janet was a lot of fun. She was very tall and played games with me.

After we finished walking the place, and eating yummy baked treats like calzon roto, we left to go meet some more family. Of course, I needed to get cotton candy first.

We got dinner from a Chinese restaurant called Salon China. I know, seems weird at first, but why wouldn't every big city in the world have foods from all over the world. Dada said it was good and tasted different from American Chinese. I will take his word for it as I mainly ate the rice.

At dinner we had more guests at Perri's house as Toto's son, Daniel and his wife Zita, came over too. It was a lot of fun having Mama's cousins at the house. There was a lot of spanish going on, but I think I am understanding better now. Dada seems to understand better too...but still can't speak it well enough to have a conversation that is more than 2 word sentences.

After dinner we played a game I invented. I called it bounce and push or something like that. I don't remember exactly, but I definitely won!

We listened to music while stories were told. I surprised everyone with my ability to lip synch to A-Ha's "I Dream Myself Alive"

Later on we had hot dogs. Yup, it was a great day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gramma K said...

Wow, little man -- you really DID have a busy day! Made me tired just to read all about it :) Two BIG thumbs up on the cotton candy! (And the nice weather.) Hope you have even MORE fun today! :) Love & miss you - XO XO XO XO OXOX OXOOX XOX XO XO XOXOXOXO XO OXOX OX OXOXO XOXOXOOX OX OX OX OXXOO

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home