Little Man's Journey

Daily Journal of Life

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chile - Day 2

Here I am with Dada and Toto (Mama's uncle Roberto) getting ready to go out on the town for a little bit. The really nice thing about this vacation is that we are not on any time tables at all. We do what we want when we feel like it. If that means I sleep in extra long because the cold weather makes me sleepy...so be it.

Anyway, on Day 2 we spent some time at Perri's house (Mama's grandma, my great grandma, mi biseabuela.) I showed her how good I am playing games on the laptop. She was impressed!

Dada tried to get me to eat some artichoke, but I thought it looked weird. I decided that the meat and rice was a better option.

Toto then drove us around the city a little bit. We also spent some time in Nunoa, which is the province we are staying in. Just like back home, we may live in North Hills, but we tell people Los Angeles because no one knows where North Hills is. Same here, you live in Nunoa but it belongs to the city of Santiago.

The city looks big and cool. We are going to do more exploring later this week. Dada says we are taking the Metro sometime too.

The highlight of the day was the visit to Condi. A cafe that had cool desserts! I had a yogurt pie with raspberry jello. Dada had a kuchen manzana (apple danish). Mama had something called a torta de merengue y lucuma. It looked like ice cream smashed in between caked merengue. It was good. Perri knows the owner, Michael, who came over and said hello and gave me a chocolate doggie. It was so cute, I didn't eat it yet.

Not sure what today will bring, but I am sure it will be fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gramma K said...

Nice picture, BuBu! Looks like you are having fun and sounds like you're eating well! Artichokes are GOOD, but they are not pretty at all :) Desserts sound even better -- so glad you're enjoying yourself and catching up on your sleep! Sounds like a good time for Momma and Dada too -- Monique is being a VERY good girl. XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XO XOX

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home