Little Man's Journey

Daily Journal of Life

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chile - Day 6

Here I am at Parque Arauco. According to tourist handouts it is the most important Shopping Center in South America! I have no idea how they judge these things, but it was quite large and nice. There was a mix of regular mall like areas and outside walking shops and a bunch of parks. We walked around alot (or Dada carried me) and saw lots of people. My favorite parts were when I got a balloon for being me and later I played a game with some girls in one of the shops.

We had lunch at an Italian place called Vendetta's which was good, but different from what I am used to. I order spaghetti and meatballs. It was a lot, so I took some back to Perri's and had more later.

I like riding in taxis, but I have to be very quiet in them as a theory has proven true. When the taxi driver hears me or Dada speak English, the taxi driver suddenly seems to have "trouble" finding where we are going. On one trip it costs twice as much to get home as it did to get there. So now I know, taxi = ssshhhh.

Today we are seeing some more family so that will be fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gramma K said...

Hi BuBu! So glad you're learning important lessons -- you should speak Spanish in the taxi! :) You're getting such a wonderful experience -- I hope you always remember it! Good thing you're going to have so many pictures -- they will help you remember ;) Love & miss you! XO X OX OX OX XO XO XOX XOX OX XOX OXO

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home